Final Major Illustration Piece Progress
To begin this piece I have created a sketch using pencil followed by a layer of fine liner. I have chosen to use a subtle fine liner outline as opposed to the previous experiments as I felt that thick bold lines would draw the viewer's eye away from the smaller bones of the ribcage and merge together to form large areas of tone which I did not want at this stage. I debated between incorporating a 3/4 view of a ribcage at first but I then decided upon a front facing view as the spine sculpture would be presented from the front also and I feel that this would create a more interesting piece for the viewer. I did find the front view form to be quite difficult as the ribcages I had studied from life were almost always symmetrical so I had to keep measuring the sizes of the ribs to ensure that the piece would be symmetrical. I feel that the piece is somewhat successful at this stage as there is still small adjustments that need to added/changed to aid in the form of the...
Comments
Post a Comment